John here. Got a few things to throw out there…
At my job, we usually have CNBC on all day. While doing my usual office stuff, I heard Cape May being mentioned, so I quickly hopped up and watched. It was a piece on the cost of fuel and its effect on the Cape May fishermen. The cost of gas has basically doubled since this time last year, and it is really putting the squeeze on the fishermen. At some point, the cost of this added expense is going to have to be passed on to the consumers. So when you go to your favorite seafood shack or market this summer and you see a jump in seafood prices, try not to get too upset. Remember, there are local fisherman that are just trying to survive in the industry they love.
I got some interesting feedback from my better half regarding my SONIC post. Lisa thinks I was being a bit too positive. And, y’know, I have to admit that maybe my post was a bit on the fluff side. Look, the reality is this: other than the tater tots and the fun drink combinations you can create, the food at SONIC doesn’t really distinguish itself from any other other fast food restaurant. I will say that it is kind of a fun novelty to be able to pull into one of the stalls, order from your car and have a car hop skate out with your food. (Dangit…there I go being too positive again.)
Musically speaking, I made a CD this week (yes, I still use CDs) of some of the songs I like from 2008 so far. Here’s the song order:
1) Kelley Stoltz – Everything Begins
2) The Breeders – Bang On
3) REM – Supernatural Superserious
4) The Submarines – You, Me and the Bourgeoisie
5) Gnarls Barkley – Run
6) Midnight Juggernauts – Shadows
7) Radiohead -15 Steps
8 ) MGMT – Time to Pretend
9) Cut Copy – Lights and Music
10) Supergrass – Diamond Hoo Ha Man
11) The Little Ones – Boracay
12) Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds – Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
13) Lyrics Born – I Like It, I Love It
14) M83 – Graveyard Girl
15) Dengue Fever – Seeing Hands
16) Dark Meat – Angel of Meth
17) Joe Jackson – Invisible Man
18) The White Stripes – Conquest
And, lastly, I was recently sent a Youtube video on cooking. If you are Italian-American, or have family that is, you will find this very funny. WARNING: the language is a bit rough, so it’s definitely NOT for kids.