Another week just flew right on by, and here we are again looking forward to another fun weekend. Lots of stuff going on this weekend – like the NJ State Ice Cream Festival tomorrow! Did I mention that I love ice cream? If ice cream is not your thing (perish the thought), maybe you’ll be interested in these events:
* The Merchants of Venice Seafood Festival in Ocean City is tonight!
* Tomorrow (7/19), you have the annual Caribbean Carnival over in Wiggins Park in Camden and the Asian festival Fusion 2008 in Cherry Hill at the D&Q Plaza (we might be going there after the Ice Cream Festival).
* If you’re into the history of food, you have two exhibits: the Foodways & Folklife demonstrations taking place tomorrow and Sunday down in Historic Cold Spring Village, and the “Key Ingredients: America By Food” exhibit opening in Woodbine tomorrow and running until 8/31.
As always, check the Festivals of Food link for more details on each event.
And a couple of news items from the past few days…
* Aaron McCargo is now one of the three final candidates for the Next Food Network’s Star competition. Sounds like momentum may be on his side. We shall see.
* The Garden State Wine Growers Association announced their winners for this year’s wine competition. Some of these are South Jersey-based wineries. By the way, I didn’t know that New Jersey was the 5th-largest producer of wine in this country. Interesting.
Enjoy your weekend!