Right before we went to the hospital, Deb Smith of http://www.jerseybites.com/ tagged us. Since we’re getting back up to speed here, I thought I’d finally respond and play along. The rules of this tagging business are pretty simple:
1. Link to the person who tagged you. (Check)
2. Post the rules. (Check)
3. Write 6 (or 7) random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people and link to their blogs.
5. Let each person know they were tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry has been published.
This bring us to the ‘random things about yourself’ part of the program. We’ll split these down the middle: three for Lisa and three for me…and one for the both of us.
1) I was a total band geek in high school (John F Kennedy HS of Willingboro – Class of ’88! Oo – ah – K-High!). Marching band, concert band, jazz band, orchestra, pit band for musical review…did it all. If any of you are friends of mine on facebook, you can see some pics of me in my glory. 🙂
2) At one of her temp jobs in NYC, Lisa once hung up on Lena Horne. By accident, of course. Ms Horne did call back to say that the young woman she was talking to was ‘bubbly’. So according to Lena Horne, Lisa is bubbly.
3) I love music, and I listen to most anything: classic rock, alternative, jazz, classical, hip-hop, world…not so much with the country music, though. My favorite band all-time? Chicago…well, the 1969-74 version anyway.
4) Lisa is listed in the credits of the Academy Award-nominated short film documentary “The Collector of Bedford Street”. She was one of the assistants to director Alice Elliott.
5) I once ordered a Big Mac…in Reykjavik. We were hustling to get to the airport to leave Iceland and didn’t have a lot of time, so we hit Mickey D’s.
6) Lisa is a sucker for puppies. She could be addressing the UN General Assembly, and if puppies came into the room, she’d stop her speech in mid-sentence and go ‘Puppies!!!’
7) Lisa and I are big-time MSTies – fans of Mystery Science Theater 3000. I even have a Tom Servo statue.
Now that you know much more about us than you really wanted to, let’s tag some other blogs, shall we? Since the Jersey Biters are tagging each other all over the place, and ‘Downtheshorewith’ Jen Miller gets plenty of attention already (well-deserved, I might add), I’ll have to go elsewhere.
How many wine dudes do you need to read to be up on your vino? One. 1 Wine Dude.
If you believe in a Central Jersey, then you need to read the foodie blog written by ‘F Scott’ and ‘Zelda’. Good reviews, and they know a thing or two about wine as well.
There’s a young woman attending Rowan that is putting together a very nice food blog. Read Alexandra Harcharek’s work at A Food Coma.
One of the first South Jersey blogs I started to read when we got into this world was South Jersey Places. Check out Mike’s travels to local restaurants and other locales.
Another fun South Jersey blog is Chris Pesotski’s Another Delco Guy in South Jersey. He enjoys a good meal, a good beer and the Phillies – so he’s top-notch as far as I’m concerned.
And lastly, since we do actually venture out of Jersey and into places like, say, Philadelphia, it’s good to read food blogs about Philly. I do enjoy the work being done by ‘E’ at her Foodaphilia site.