1) Get you whites on and grab your plates! And silverware! And…tables, too. It is time again for the Pop Up Gala in Collingswood. Where in Collingswood? Well, you’ll just have to find out for yourself. Actually, you do get a heads up email six hours before the event on Saturday (9/6). If you are interested in attending this elegant communal function, you can still buy tickets online through tonight. Tickets are $50 per couple. Now there are rules, so please read the website to familiarize yourself. There will also be plenty of fun and enjoyment. Tortilla Press is one of the confirmed restaurants providing food for the event. Keep up on the event’s Facebook page for any news.
2) Apples already? Yes! Johnson’s Corner Farm in Medford is having its Apple of My Eye Festival this Saturday and Sunday from 10AM to 5PM. Apple picking? Yes. Hay rides? Definitely. Cider donuts? Of course. It may not feel quite like fall, but don’t let that stop you from wandering through their corn maze or even pick a pumpkin or two.
3) Pumpkin beer, already? It seems as though pumpkin brews arrive earlier and earlier these days. Iron Hill is releasing their Pumpkin Ale tonight starting at 5PM. In addition, the Maple Shade location will be having a special pumpkin event on Saturday to celebrate its arrival.
4) Another weekend, another wine festival. Mind you, no complaints here. This weekend it’s the Jersey Fresh Wine Festival at the Burlington County Fairgrounds in Columbus. I went to the county fair this year and was impressed with the new space. Based on the list of participating wineries, you will have a healthy sampling of South Jersey wineries. Tickets at the event are $25 a person and $40 for a two-day pass.
5) Stomp stomp stomp…Laurita Winery in New Egypt is holding its Grape Stomping Celebration this weekend. Sure, you can go just for the squishing, but you might want to stay for some tasting of their wines as well as other activities. Bring the kids as well – there will be activities for them as well. The cost to stomp is $5 a person.