* It’s always a good time to attend an Italian festival. This weekend it’s the Olde Time Italian Festival down in Wildwood. All day Italian-American food…what’s not to like? Not to mention the music, or the grape stomping, or even the spaghetti eating contest. Free admission, too. The festival goes to midnight on Friday and Saturday.
* After sampling some Italian treats, how about some seafood? Over at Two Mile Landing Marina in Wildwood Crest, they’re throwing a Crabs & Crafts Festival on Saturday starting at noon. Admission is free, and along with crabs enjoy oysters and local craft beers from Cape May Brewing, Tuckahoe Brewing, Flying Fish, and others.
* Lenape Park in Mays Landing will once again be a foodie paradise for a weekend as the 4th Annual Waterfront Wine & Food Festival will take place this Saturday and Sunday. Food will be prepared from several area restaurants. Ten local wineries will be offering their wines. There will be a number of cooking demos on both days. And, there’s an amateur wine making competition. Sound nice, right? You can still but tickets online through 6PM Friday and get a discount as compared to buying them at the door.
* Not much for country music, but I like this Cowboy Up & Drink ‘Em Down event being thrown by Cooper River Distillery in Camden on the day of the Toby Keith concert. This Saturday, cowboy-themed cocktails using their Petty’s Island Rum and food offerings from Black Eyed Susan’s food truck will be served from 2:30PM to 7PM. Yee-haw!
* Speaking of food trucks…It has come to my attention that food trucks are hot. Not surprisingly, there have been a truckload (heh heh) of food truck events lately. Sea Isle City is throwing its first ever Food Truck Festival this weekend from Friday to Sunday. A number of area food truck will be there, and the variety of food being served is exciting, from Mexican to Belgian, from seafood to milkshakes. It all sounds so good.