Lots of ground was covered in the opening new segment tonight:
- The biggest news of the week was the special ruling handed down from New Jersey’s Division of Alcohol Beverage Control last Monday. Expect a lot of discussion about this in the weeks to come.
- Nunu, a new Japanese izakaya, is opening October 1st on Frankford Ave.
- Sophie’s Kitchen has opened this past week on Washington Ave., with two members of the Khmer Kitchen team running the show.
- R&D is a new cocktail bar in Fishtown, taking over the Root location.
- Medmer is a new Ethiopian eatery opening this week in Cedar park.
- South will have a new chef at the helm: Chef Elijah Milligan.
- The British Chip Shop in Haddonfield will be closing on December 23rd.
- This past week had the opening of Bourre in Atlantic City.
Other food articles of interest from the past week include:
- Gritty, the new Flyers mascot, made quite an impression last week. He already has a cheesesteak hoagie and a beer in his honor.
- Is Michael Solomonov opening a bakery?
- The dinner club Tasting Collective is coming to Philly.
- Philly Mag’s ultimate guide to cocktail bars.
- After seven months, Sheila Modglin said her first words.