Here are the Philly food news stories mentioned during the opening segment of tonight’s Small Bites:
- Le Caveau is a new wine bar that opened this past week upstairs from Good King Tavern in Bella Vista. The bar will focus on French wines, and some of nibbles you can get include local and French cheeses and a hot dog served on a baguette.
- El Techo is a new rooftop bar that had its opening this past week at the Pod Philly hotel. The bar itself has a retractable glass roof. According to Eater Philly, a food menu is coming soon, but for now you can enjoy beer, wine, aguas frescas and drinks featuring agave-based spirits.
- Philly favorite Loco Pez opened its third location at 20th St and Bainbridge at The Graduate Hospital.
- Tavro 13 in Swedesboro will be getting a new look and dining concept. Look for Blk Shp Tapas and Bar to be opening in that spot soon.
- Sadly, Oliver – A Bistro in Bordentown announced that it was closing. The restaurant served its last customers yesterday.
Other articles of interest from the past week include:
- Where to locals and tourists like to eat? Philly Mag tells you.
- Chad Durkin from ‘Cake Boss’ is opening a bakery and sandwich shop on Washington Ave.