Back to back weeks with shows, but no Derek tonight. Here is what was mentioned in the opening segment of tonight’s show:
- Gabi is a new French café on North Broad St. from the folks that run Bistro la Minette. The opening date for the new café is tomorrow, November 4th. Eater Philly reports that the menu is “decidedly French” – items on the menu include escargot in roasted garlic parsley butter, duck confit and crème brulee, as well as French cocktails at the bar.
- Mom-Mom’s South Street is coming later this month, according to Philly Mag. The folks from Mom-Mom’s Kitchen in Bridesburg are opening a new location which will offer their popular pierogis and other Polish fare on South Street – with late night dining.
- Plenty Café is no more. Eater Philly and the Inquirer reported that the last day of service for the restaurant locations was October 27th. Plenty Café had three locations: East Passyunk, Rittenhouse and Queen Village.
- NJ Pen reported this past week that a new specialty market in Collingswood will be opening this December. The new venture called Haddon Culinary is being driven by two chefs: James Liuzza and Joe Muldoon.
- 42 Freeway also reported this past week that Bistro di Marino is opening a new location in Sewell. The new location should be open late November.
Other stories of interest from the past week in Philly food scene include:
- The Hadley is now open on the Ben Franklin Parkway near the art museum.
- Dizengoff is opening a third location at Franklin’s Table on Penn’s campus.
- Poe’s Sandwich Joint is back, now in Kensington according to Philly Mag.
- Tea time? Philly Mag tells you where best to get a cuppa.